Join Kansas Interfaith Power and Light and set your congregation on a path to energy stewardship!
As spiritual leaders of our congregation, we pledge to support the mission of Kansas Interfaith Power & Light and do one or more of the following actions:
- Engage in an ongoing process of education with our congregants concerning environmental stewardship, energy production, and energy usage in relation to global climate change.
- Incorporate elements of ecological spirituality in worship on a regular basis.
- Conduct an energy audit of our buildings to identify sources of energy waste and the potential financial savings of energy-related improvements.
- Make energy efficiency improvements to our congregation’s facilities and vehicles.
- Promote renewable energy, for example by purchasing green power, installing solar panels or a wind turbine, and/or investing in carbon offsets.
- Analyze, reduce, and offset the environmental footprint of our congregation.
- Support public policies that contribute to Kansas IPL’s stated mission.
For more information about Kansas IPL or joining the climate covenant, contact Kansas IPL Coordinator Rabbi Moti Rieber at firstname.lastname@example.org. To sign the covenant, print out this PDF and email it to the same address.